Pfarrkirchen


Holy Cross Church – Kriz (in the settlement)

Holy Cross Church Kriz

Holy Cross Church, Kriz

The name is mentioned in the 13th century., The parish 1334 The Gothic Baroque style building with a nave and a narrower rectangular shrine and a polygonal apse, a sacristy and a bell tower on the north wall of the nave and the shrine. The medieval layer is obtained in the buttresses, which support the outer shell of the church, and the lower level of the bell tower is similar to the watchtower. The shrine receives 1693 a Baroque ceiling and 1729 is covered with the ship at the renewal. The baroque furniture from the first half of the 18th century has been preserved: the large main altar with a Crucifixion group and four sculptures in the lower and six in the upper zone from 1720 in the early Baroque style of the workshop of St. Paulin,. the very altar of St. Rochus with three large and four smaller sculptures (1761); the left altar of St. Anthony with three large and four smaller sculptures (1761); the pulpit with wooden reliefs and sculptures; the organ with three Engelksfiguren.

Information:
Trg Sv. Križa 3, Kriz 10314
Tel. +385 1 2824 747, +385 1 2824 414
Marijan Koren, pastor
Worship: 7:30 clock every day, Sundays 9:00, 1100 clock.
visits with notice or at the request of the parsonage.

The Church of St.. Virgin of Okić – Novo Selo Okićko (the cemetery)

Church-the-Holy-Virgin-of-Okić

The Church of St.. Virgin of Okić

In the directory of parishes from the year 1334 the parish of Okić is mentioned. It was throughout the 17th century and restored (the bell tower as it looks today, is mentioned in 1649). 1668 the arcades and the portal with the coat of arms Erdoedy family and the sculpture of the Virgin with Two Angels were newly built. A particular value of the portal are the tympanum above the established sculptures: two kneeling angels on both sides and in the middle of the figure of Mary, standing on the crest of the Erdoedy family, surrounded by cherubs painted on the wall. The carved 1691 and the high-quality design way point to the style of the Zagreb sculptor Komersteiner.

The interior is completely restored in the period 1888-1890. According to the plans of August Posilović and in the execution of the Croatian painter Ferdo Quiquerez (Kikerec), founder of the Croatian realism, walls are painted and constructed the main and two side altars. The majority of the walls is decorated with plant ornaments in bright colors. In the presbytery, with figures of saints painted medallions, whilst the Annunciation is represented in the central medallion. The stone floor was created in 1762 (and is still available), and the pulpit was erected.

The main altar of St. Mary dates from the same author, with the sculptures of the Virgin Mary, of Saint Peter and Saint Paul, and with an additional four smaller figures of saints, as well as two side altars of St. Vitus and St. Joseph and three rococo side altars 1770: the Holy Cross and Saint Anthony in the nave and the Saint Barbara in the aisle. The Rococo pulpit is painted (Christ the Shepherd). The organ dates from the late 19th century The detached Steinweihbecken from late Renaissance is also well preserved, as well as the bricked, decorated with the Petals and cross motif Weihbecken.

Information:
parish church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Repišće 42b, Sveta Marija Okićka, 10450 Jastrebarsko
Tel. +385 1 6294 200,
Ivica Cik, Parish Administrator
Phone: +385 91 2712 968
visits with notification: (Ignacy Tandavić, Hunchback) Tel +385 1 6294 043.
worship: Sundays at 9:00 clock, holidays at 9:00 clock and 11:00 clock.

Church of the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary – Marija Gorica (in the settlement)

Church-of-saint-Maria-the-visitation-Marija-Gorica 1-2

Church of the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Marija Gorica

It was built in 1517 as part of the Franciscan monastery, which was built at the same time. After the Franciscan Order was abolished in the 18th century. Partially, the monastery was demolished in 1789, while on the verge of the new church in 1754 and built the new parish was founded in 1781. The church was built by architect Matija Leonhart. The inventory obtained is very valuable: the Gothic, dating from the 1757 sculpture of the Virgin Mary on the high altar of marble (very rare in northern Croatia), created by the Italian master Francesco Bensa, then the stone pulpit, the organ and yet different.

Information:
Gorički trg 1, 10299 Marija Gorica
Tel. +385 1 3395 848
Ivan Kobeščak, Pastor
Worship: Sundays at 8 and 11 clock and visits with notice.

Church of Sts. Peter – Petrovina (in the settlement)

Church of Saints Peter the Petrovina

Church of Sts. Peter, Petrovina

The parish in Petrovina is mentioned in the list of parishes from the year 1334. The original, gothic, medieval object was in the 17th century other. Rebuilt and when the church got the characteristics of a baroque church architecture. At the church façade and inside the church we can find a number of valuable want details of artificial stone, door and window frames made of stone up to Weihbecken chiseled from stone. The neo-Gothic, from the second half of the 19th century. Derived main altar is no longer in the sanctuary. He was replaced by valuable, late Gothic frescoes from the 15th century., Which were discovered during the restoration in 1980 (as well as the gothic window) and the scenes from the Passion of Christ pose, as the only record on such art in northern Croatia! The ship remained the Mannerist altar of the Archangel Michael and the Virgin Mary from the 17th century. Obtained which are among the most beautiful specimens of such art in North West Croatia and the late Mannerist altar of St. Anthony from the 17th / 18th Century. In the side chapel, the wooden pulpit and the organ from the 1821st

Information:
Petrovina 92, 10450 Jastrebarsko
Tel. +385 1 6286 099
Gojislav Kovacic, Pastor
Worship: weekdays at 18:30 clock, Sundays at 11:00 clock and visits with notice.

Church of St.. Barbara – Velika Mlaka

Saint Barbara
This church is the sehenswürdigste and representative example of sacral architecture in northern Croatia. In 1976 the parish was founded, the Chapel of St. Barbara in this way to the parish church was. Inside the church, the walls, ceiling and the altar are decorated with pictures and ornaments plants to the smallest detail. The church was built from high quality oak Turopolje, where „planjki“ (bar) to „Nemški vugel“ (German type) were prepared. She has already survived three centuries, without doing anything lost by the time of its original beauty. The first indication of the church dates back to 1692, although it was earlier available there. The oldest part of the church dates from 1642, which also built the covered 1912 entrance to the church („pristašek“) was carved in 1912. Just this year, in which the new church tower was built, is considered the year in which the church got its present appearance. The oldest images date from the year 1699, during the early Baroque main altar and comes with twelve illustrations unknown author from 1679. On the outer sides of the wings are motifs from the life of St. Barbara, while shown on the inside motives of the sufferings of Christ. Particularly interesting is from 1759 derived image of the sacred sorrow, the saint with a beard, protector of the people in different circumstances and emergencies. One interesting feature is the legend of a poor violinist and the Saints with a beard. On the right side of the altar is the figure of St. George in combat with the dragon. Just this saint is not only one of the most common motives, but he is also regarded as the popular saint, the Turopolje celebrates April 23 as part of a big event where a fire beneath the Old City Lukavec is prepared. In the churchyard is also a one-story wooden house with a porch from rich carved wood, now a parish church. However, a small wooden chamber for storage of grain, a relic of the former church property, is also very interesting.

Information:
Školska bb, 10408 Velika Mlaka
church key: Parish Office Velika Mlaka, tel +385 1 761 6234, mobile:. 098623173, Mrs. Ljubica Lacković, Schließerin, Ulica Svete Barbare 44, Tel +385 1 6234 772..
Feast: 4 December., worship Sundays at 8 and 11 clock.

Church of Sts. Lawrence – Lovrečka Varos

Church-of-saint-Lawrence Lovrečka-Varos-outside-the-old-facade-300x300Pulpit in the form of fish of Jonah

Lovrečka Varos is an old village, in the parish of St. Lawrence that it was already in the Middle Ages, with a church, even after the village was then named. After the church of St. Lawrence was also nearby, lowland attachment, Lovrečina degree to which the village belonged Lovrečka Varos has always named. The present church dates from the second half of the 18th century., And has characteristics of late baroque style, with signs of classicism.
, the art historical importance of the church in that area based on their pulpit, the order in the form of fish of Jonah with ivy, the year was created in 1780. It is a rarity in the history of art in the world, because there are only a few such pulpits in the Czech Republic and Germany, but east of the Czech Republic there is no more.

Jonah was a prophet in the Old Testament, who received from God the commission to preach repentance in the Niniva hated by the Jewish Town. Jonah tried to escape but God, he fled by ship. God then allowed to break loose a violent storm on the sea. The sailors were terrified, threw the dice and chose among other passengers straight from Jona, to throw him overboard, because they held him responsible for the wrath of God. When Jonah was thrown into the sea, the storm passed and the ship sailed happily on.

Then Jonah was swallowed by a great fish. After spending three days and nights in the belly of the fish, Jonah repented his actions and promised God his obedience. Finally, he was then spewed from fish to land and actually went on the road to Niniva. The inhabitants of Niniva repented and did penance and God forgave them their sins. Jonah felt because of the grace of God expressed in relation to the sinful people very offended, so he looked at the city only from afar. About the night grew near him an ivy that made Jonah shade. But the next day the ivy was eaten by a worm and withered in the sun. Jonah was grieved and God taught him: „You are sad because of a plant, and I would like sadly then been due to a city like Niniva!“

Information:
Parish Office Lovrečka Varos, Ivan Grudiček, pastor
Tel. + 385 1 2799 089

Parish Church of St. Peter the Apostle

The first church at the entrance to Zaprešić was built in the 14th century. Wooden and the ancient inhabitants of Zaprešić, who were mainly fishermen, gave her the name after Saint Peter, the patron saint of fishermen is at the same time.

The present parish church of St. Peter was built in 1869 in neo-Gothic style. The parishioners and the administration of the city Zaprešić rendered her a few interior and exterior years ago. Well, this parish church is the pride of all citizens of Zaprešić and its parishioners on arrival in the city Zaprešić.

Information:
Archbishopric of Zagreb, Rector Parish of St. Peter the Apostle
M. Tita 74, 10290 Zaprešić
Tel. +385 1 3310-474
opening times of the rectory: Tuesday to Friday 9:00 bis 10.00 clock bis 18.00 clock and 17.00.
E-mail: zupa.sv.petra.apostola@zg.t-com.hr
www.sv-petra-zapresic.hr