Chapels


Chapel of St. Joseph, Gornja Bistra

Part of the Oršić castle.

kapela-sv.-Josipa-Bistra-1Very valuable Rococo inventory preserved: the main and two low side altars of the tabernacle type; emporium and organ and the entrance doors. The area behind the organ is painted with altar architecture and figures.

Information:
Parish office of the Church of St. Nicholas the Bishop
Crkvena 2, Poljanica Bistranska, 10298 Bistra
Tel. ++ 385 1 3390 611
Stjepan Drugčević, parish priest
Visitation by appointment: Marica Škrlin, Tel: ++ 385 1 3390 167
Mass served: last Sun of the month at 9.30am

Chapel of St. John the Baptist, Buševec

In the settlement.

Constructed of wood in 1668, while in 1768, the new nave and bell tower were added on. The main Classical altar has been preserved. Apart for the Church of St. Barbara in Velika Mlaka, it is the most valuable wooden sacral structure.

Information:
Parish office of the Church of Virgin Mary’s visitation to Elizabeth
Habdelićeva 14,10419 Vukovina
Tel. ++ 385 1 6230 300 Đuro Sabolek, parish priest
Visitation by appointment: Katica Detelić,
Dolenec 23, Buševec

Chapel of St. Francis Ksaverski, Plešivica

Situated outside the settlement on a hill.

kapela-sv.-ivana-krstitelja1-buševecBuilt from 1752-1757 on the site of an old chapel, in 1822 the bell tower was added and in 1847 the church renovated. In the niche on the façade there is a sculpture of St. Francis Ksaverski. Pendatives present medallions of evangelists. The 18th ct. preserved inventory includes the main altar with 4 sculptures and the a-tectonic zones of the attic base, two side altars in the chapels and the pulpit.

Information:
Parish office of the Church of St. George
Plešivica, 10450 Jastrebarsko
Tel. ++ 385 1 6293 127
Stjepan Mlinarić, parish priest
Visitation by appointment

Chapel of St. Michael, Samobor

Situated in the settlement Taborac on the slopes of the Tepec hills, just under the Samobor old town.

Kapela-sv-Franje-Plesivica_01The church is a medieval Baroque structure, one of the oldest in the Samobor region. It was erected in the 15th ct. and added onto and renovated in the 16th and 18th ct. The land the church lies on a partially leveled ground, with a stone wall and entrance portal with wrought iron gates on the west side. In the western side of the nave is the choir, it is accessed from the outside of the church, from a path in level with the choir over a small covered bridge. In addition to the body and the layout, several Gothic stone profiled door and window frames, boxes and other details have been preserved. During the Baroque renovations, valuable Baroque altars were added, the main and two side altars. In the southern wall of the church, a stone tombstone was placed, with a relief depiction of the Crucifixion, dating back to 1589. The chapel is an exceptional example of Gothic sacral architecture of the few preserved in the Samobor region. Later it was restored and Baroque details were added.

Information:
Parish office of Church of St. Anastasia
Svete Ane 2, 10430 Samobor
Tel. ++ 385 1 3360 082
Visitation by appointment: Maksimilian Oslaković,
Taborec 5, 10430 Samobor, Tel. ++ 385 1 3360 645

Chapel of the Blessed Virgin Mary of Volavje (“Lady of Snow”), Volavje

Situated in the midst of the settlement, surrounded by a stone wall with Baroque portal.

Kapela-BDM-Volavje-1The original medieval chapel was built in the 15th ct., and in 1704 the new church was completed. The bell tower is from the 17th ct., and was made taller in the 18th ct. In 1709, the polygonal chapel was built east of the chapel. South along the nave, the vestibule of the chapel was built in 1732. The wall with portal was erected in 1741. On the southern wall are the remnants of late medieval paintings. The large main altar of the Blessed Virgin Mary was built in 1706 in the early Baroque style of the Paulist workshop, in addition to 4 other side altars from the 18th ct.; the Mannerist side altar St. Stephen from the later 17th ct., the Epiphany (left), the two early Baroque side altars from the early 18th ct. of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary (left) and St. John (right). There is also the organ from 1785 and the early Baroque pulpit. The entire construct stands out with the exceptionally rich form and mass, the wealthy inventory and detailed stone carving works of high quality, and prove to be one of the most valuable monuments of sacral architecture in the whole of the Jastrebarsko region.

Information:
Parish office of the Church of St. Peter
Petrovina 92, 10450 Jastrebarsko
Tel. ++ 385 1 6286 099
Gojislav Kovačić, parish priest
Mass served: Sun 9.00am and visitation by appointment

Chapel of All Saints, Stara Marča, Kloštar Ivanić

At the cemetery, with the rectangular nave, three-sided apse and a belfry in front of the façade. Built in 19th/20th ct., with the altar from the time of construction, classicism. Renovated.

Historical note

Marča Greek Catholic eparchy

The Holy Office, headed by Pope Paul V, discussed the issue of concluding the union between the Holy Seat and the Marča eparchy, and, on 19th November, 1611, cardinal Robert Belarmino issued the certificate that bishop Simeon Vratanja concluded the union with the Catholic church, while Pope recognized Simeon as the episcope of believers of the Greek Catholic religion in Hungary, Slavonia, Croatia and farthest borders of Kranjska. On 21st November, 1611, Pope Paul V issued the “Divinae Majestatis arbitrio” decree by which he canonically founded the monastery in Marča under the name St. Michael Archangel, which was built at the place of the former All Saints church, and he installed Simeon as the abbot.

Chapel of the Epiphany, Komin, Sveti Ivan Zelina

Beside the Komin settlement on the hill, visible from the Zagreb-Varaždin motorway, the complex of a chapel with cinktor (a fenced space around the church – during traditional parish fair called proštenje, used as the parish fair site, built during the 18th ct. We wish to point out Monstranca, a valuable oval monstrance.

In the wall of the chapel, on the outer side, a small closed altar is built, with a relief depicting a peasant in the kneeling posture with clasped hands, a vessel with coins and bearing the year 1710 and initials. The peasant Prevarek is in question, which found the mentioned vessel with Roman coins while he was ploughing a field with oxen. When the plough stuck against something hard, the oxen got scared and ran away, and the surprised peasant kneeled down and made a vow to God to build a chapel if nothing ill happens to the oxen. Since the occasion had a happy ending, the peasant fulfilled his vow.

Parish fairs are held in the chapel on the Nativity of the Virgin Mary and the Epiphany, to which it was dedicated.

Information:
Bell-ringer Josip Dužaić, tel. + 385 1 2067 054